Terms of Service
3. Changes in Terms. Company shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of ALMS.com, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use. Company shall have the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to your use of ALMS.com, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means determined by Company, including, but not limited to, posting on and/or through ALMS.com, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which you obtain notice. Any use of ALMS.com by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications or additions.
4. Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunication devices, computer hardware and other services and equipment needed for access to and use of ALMS.com and all charges related thereto. In addition, certain features that make up ALMS.com (e.g., ALMS.com device applications) may operate on or in connection with various products and services provided by various third parties, such as third party handsets, tablet devices, televisions, set top devices and other devices, and third party-provided Internet access services. Without limiting the generality of the disclaimers and limitations of liability stated elsewhere in this document, you acknowledge that Company does not control such third parties or their products or services and that Company shall not be responsible for such third parties or their products or services.
5. Intellectual Property Rights of Company. ALMS.com contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound. The entire contents of ALMS.com are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Company (and/or their respective, parents and/or affiliates) own copyrights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works of, or in any way similarly exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. To the extent expressly permitted at certain parts of ALMS.com (if any), you may download copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of Company and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by viewing or downloading copyrighted material. Company and its respective parents, affiliates and content suppliers expressly reserve all ownership and other rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights) in their respective materials and no such rights are transferred to you. Company and ALMS.com, and each of their logos, are trademarks of Company. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on ALMS.com are the property of their respective owners.
Any opinions, views, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content expressed or made available by you or any third parties (e.g., other Users, professional information providers, etc.) are those of the respective author(s) or submitter(s) and not of the Company Parties. THE COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT, NOR ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Users are solely responsible for anything contained in their submissions, message board and/or chat sessions. The Company Parties do not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for the contents of any submission, message board or chat room. Users may be held legally liable for the contents of their submissions, message board and chat sessions, and may be held legally liable if their submissions or chat sessions include, for example, material protected by copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret law or other proprietary right without permission of the author or owner, or defamatory comments. Company reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to reject, to refuse to post and/or to remove any posting (including private messages) by you, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability on the part of Company.
Company does not accept or consider business and/or programming proposals and/or similar suggestions and/or materials ("Proposals") other than those they have specifically requested. This is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects independently developed by Company might seem to others to be similar to their own proposals or suggestions. If you do send or post any Proposals, including related ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information, or if you transmit them through ALMS.com by electronic mail or otherwise, the Proposals shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Company. None of the Proposals shall be subject to any obligation on the part of Company to use the Proposals or keep them confidential and none of the Company Parties shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any Proposals. Company shall exclusively own any now known or hereafter existing rights to the Proposals of every kind and nature throughout the universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Proposals for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Proposals.
8. Publicly Available Participation.
A. By participating in an Interactive Area, you acknowledge that the fact and elements of your participation will be publicly available on ALMS.com to other ALMS.com Users. For example, if you comment on a story, enter a public chat or interact with ALMS.com in any other way, unless otherwise noted, your interactions will be published live on the ALMS.com newsfeed and maintained in your public profile. If you do not want your participation listed on the news feed, do not interact with ALMS.com.
B. In addition, and without limiting 8.A above, upon checking in to any experience on or related to ALMS.com, such as, but not limited to social media, your “Check In” will appear in the newsfeed on ALMS.com. If you do not want the record of your “Check In” to be publicly available, do not “Check In” and instead view the content without checking in.
9. Classified Advertisements. ALMS.com may contain a forum (such as classified advertisements) in which sellers and buyers may be connected. By engaging in transactions with buyers or sellers that you meet via ALMS.com, you proceed solely at your own risk and you agree that Company is not responsible for any losses that you might sustain as a result of your transactions with such buyers and sellers. You should not engage in any transaction with a person with whom you are not comfortable or whom you suspect might be engaged in improper or questionable conduct. Please be aware that Company, through ALMS.com, merely provides a forum in which buyers and sellers can connect. Neither Company nor ALMS.com posting classified advertisements facilitate any transaction, insure any transaction, or act as an intermediary, broker, or escrow agent in connection with such buyer-seller transactions.
10. User Conduct. By viewing ALMS.com or participating in the Interactive Areas, you agree to the following:
A. Lawful Use. You shall use ALMS.com for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through ALMS.com any material that violates or infringes in any way the rights of others, that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or that, without Company's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by a User that, as determined by Company in Company's discretion, restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying ALMS.com will not be permitted. User shall not use ALMS.com to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services competitive with ALMS.com.
B. Naming Policy. When selecting a display name for use on ALMS.com, you must abide by the following Naming Policy set forth below (and if ALMS.com changes it, you will abide by all changes after it is posted here.)
• Names may not be offensive, sexually explicit, vulgar, racist, hateful, obscene, defamatory, or any other language that is offensive in nature (including common swear words, names concerned with anatomical references, and intentional misspellings, anagrams, combinations, and homonyms of these words).
• Names may not be used that harass or damage the reputation of another user, ALMS.com employees or agents, or Company employees or agents.
• Names may not be a name or handle of any ALMS.com employees or agents or Company employees or agents.
• Names may not include any unlawful reference to trademarked names, materials or products.
• Names may not incorporate names of other people, including drivers, crew chiefs, broadcast talent, actors, celebrities, or other personalities or individuals in a manner that creates confusion or false affiliation.
• Names may not be religiously or historically sensitive.
• Names may not have a title or rank within them suggesting affiliation with Company or ALMS.com.
• Names may not contain a phrase, sentence, or any fragment of a sentence.
• Names may not include any telephone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, street addresses, or email/instant message addresses other than your own (and ALMS.com strongly recommends that you not use your own either).
• Names may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the rules above.
C. User Content. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on ALMS.com any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, intellectual property or proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
D. User Rules of Conduct. Without limiting any other term herein, if you submit any User Content (including, but not limited to, any screen name) or participate in an Interactive Area within or in connection with ALMS.com, you agree to abide by the following Rules of Conduct:
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates or infringes in any way the rights of others, including any statements that may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that is offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains or advocates profane or obscene material as determined in Company’s discretion.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates any law or engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that advocates or provides instruction on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit User Content that does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area.
• You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any Company, ALMS.com, racing teams, racing or ALMS.com sponsors employee or associated persons, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• You agree not to interfere with any other User's right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about ALMS.com Users or posting private information about a third party.
• You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials that contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
• You agree not to interfere with or disrupt ALMS.com or the servers or networks connected to ALMS.com, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to ALMS.com.
• You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
• You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of ALMS.com, use of ALMS.com, or access to ALMS.com.
Any conduct that Company determines, in Company’s sole discretion, restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying ALMS.com will not be permitted. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you and to terminate your Account for any reason. Company is not responsible for User Content submitted to ALMS.com or posted in comments sections, chat rooms, on bulletin boards or on other Interactive Areas by users of ALMS.com.
F. Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, you hereby declare that: (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by Company, or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release the Company Parties and their respective licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against any of them by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user's personal use.
11. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
A. YOUR USE OF ALMS.com IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. COMPANY PARTIES NOR ITS RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ALMS.com WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF ALMS.com, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH ALMS.com.
B. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ALMS.com IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
C. USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE COMPANY PARTIES SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH USER.
D. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ANY COMPANY PARTY OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ALMS.com BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ALMS.com. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION APPLY TO ALL CONTENT AND FEATURES COMPRISING ALMS.com.
E. UNLESS AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY STATED WITHIN ALMS.com, AWARDS, SUCH AS BADGES, AND SIMILAR ITEMS PROVIDED BY ALMS.com, ARE PROVIDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT HAVE MONETARY OR SIMILAR VALUE.
12. Indemnification. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company Parties from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of ALMS.com by You, and/or arising out of use of Your Account (whether or not by You), and/or arising out of Your other acts or omissions.
15. Notice of Infringement of Copyright.
Company respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, Company has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Company's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512:
A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
B. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
E. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:
Premium Sports Car Racing, LLC
One Daytona Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Phone: (706) 654-2983
For web posting, reprint, transcript or licensing requests for Company material, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions or requests other than copyright issues or licensing requests, please contact email@example.com.
Updated Nov. 9, 2012
© 2012 Premium Sports Car Racing, LLC